~ Welcome to Class 1 ~
A great big 'Hello' to our returning Year 1 children and also to:
Adam, Albie, Elara, Imogen, James, Kiera, Michael, Mick, Phoenix, Tom and Zach, our new Reception children.
It has been lovely to welcome you to our school and we are very proud at how quickly and enthusiastically you have settled in to Class 1.
We look forward to sharing a wonderful learning journey with you.
Welcome to Class 1 which comprises 12 Reception children and 7 Year 1 children.
Mrs Peile is class teacher and she is fortunate to be supported by the following fantastic Teaching Assistants who help to provide a nurturing, responsive environment for our pupils:
Ms Evans, Mrs Richardson and Mrs Edge.
Should you require any further details regarding any aspect of your child's education, then please feel free to contact us for a chat with one of our team - we are always happy to help.
We have had a very busy start to this half term and are currently enjoying learning all about our topic of 'Dinosaurs'. We have considered when they roamed the Earth, researched various species and thought about the similarities and differences between these. This research has been turned into fantastic reports which include super features such as sub-headings, illustrations, labels and fabulous, fascinating facts. We enjoyed typing them up using our laptops and learnt skills such as how to choose fonts, alter text sizing, change colour and underline.
In PE we continue to particpate in team games and have also begun to learn to play cricket. Each Friday, if the weather is dry, we try to use the climbing equipment across on the school field to improve our physical health. However, if the weather is unkind, we stay indoors and particpate in mindfulness, yoga or Dinosaur Dance.
For History, we have started to learn all about the famous female paleontologist Mary Anning from Dorset whose scientific work is celebrated world wide. She made many important discoveries along the Jurassic coastline, including the first plesiosaur and many other ichthyosaur skeletons.
For Art and DT we are working on designing and producing moving pictures (- of dinosaurs ....!) that will involve us learning how to create hinges and levers.
Year 1 children are currrently working on Phase 5 phonemes.
Reception children are currently learning their Phase 3 phonemes.
Happy New Year to you!
We are so disappointed to have to start this year in lockdown and very much look forward to welcoming all children back to school as soon as possible. In the meantime, please find included below, weekly learning for both Reception and Year 1 children.
This planning will be updated each week. Paper learning packs (which include the same resources) will be prepared for those families that require them. These will be made available for collection from school each MONDAY.
* * Please let us know, in advance, whether you will require a paper learning pack so that this can be prepared and put ready for you to collect * *
Lockdown Learning - January 2021
Extra Ideas For Home-Learning
'WELCOME BACK' to the Year 1 children and a big 'HELLO' to our new friends:
Bella, Bruno, Darcie, Florence, Johnny, Kieran, Martha, Meghan and Sophia
You have settled in fabulously and we are so pleased to welcome you to our class!
What a wonderful return to school we've had - it is so good to see all of you again.
This term we are studying the topic 'MARVELLOUS ME', where we will learn all about how fantastic it is being us!
Please find detailed below a few pieces of key information for parents to help you through the first weeks of the Autumn term:
* Please name all pieces of school uniform
* No school bags need to be brought into school
* A pair of named wellies to be kept in school (place on the welly rack on the playground please)
* PE will take place each Tuesday and is delivered by our peripatetic coach, Charlie. On this day, children to come into school dressed in their PE kits please
* All children in Class 1 are entitled to a free school lunch under the Universal Infant Free School Meals offer. However, children may bring in a packed lunch instead if they prefer to do so
* Please send in one piece / portion of fruit for your child to eat at break time, plus a named water bottle
* A named Forest School kit to be kept in school please. As the months turn colder, please ensure that an additional fleece, scarf, warm socks and waterproof gloves are also provided
* During any hot, sunny days, please ensure that your child has a (named) sun hat available to wear in school
* Whilst we are not currently sending reading books / reading diaries home for Year 1 children in Class 1, please be assured that the children do have books allocated to them and they are reading regularly with an adult. Details relating to this are being recorded in their reading diaries, which are kept in their tray in class
Should you have any queries, please do get in touch. There is always a Class 1 member of staff available to speak with at drop off / pick up
Alternatively, you can contact the office and leave a message with the Administrator
Finally, you can contact me directly on my email addresses:
With Best Regards,
Class 1 Teacher