~ Welcome to Class 1 ~
'WELCOME BACK' to the Year 1 children and a big 'HELLO' to our new friends:
Bella, Bruno, Darcie, Florence, Johnny, Kieran, Martha, Meghan and Sophia
You have settled in fabulously and we are so pleased to welcome you to our class!
What a wonderful return to school we've had - it is so good to see all of you again.
This term we are studying the topic 'MARVELLOUS ME', where we will learn all about how fantastic it is being us!
Please find detailed below a few pieces of key information for parents to help you through the first weeks of the Autumn term:
- Please name all pieces of school uniform
- No school bags need to be brought into school
- A pair of named wellies to be kept in school (place on the welly rack on the playground please)
- PE will take place each Tuesday and is delivered by our peripatetic coach, Charlie. On this day, children to come into school dressed in their PE kits please
- All children in Class 1 are entitled to a free school lunch under the Universal Infant Free School Meals offer. However, children may bring in a packed lunch instead if they prefer to do so
- Please send in one piece / portion of fruit for your child to eat at break time, plus a named water bottle
- A named Forest School kit to be kept in school please. As the months turn colder, please ensure that an additional fleece, scarf, warm socks and waterproof gloves are also provided
- During any hot, sunny days, please ensure that your child has a (named) sun hat available to wear in school
- Whilst we are not currently sending reading books / reading diaries home for Year 1 children in Class 1, please be assured that the children do have books allocated to them and they are reading regularly with an adult. Details relating to this are being recorded in their reading diaries, which are kept in their tray in class
Should you have any queries regarding the above, please do get in touch
With Best Regards,
Mrs Peile and Miss Jones
Class 1 Teachers
Mrs Peile and Miss Jones are privileged to teach Class 1 which comprises of 7 Reception children and 15 year 1 children.
Mrs Peile is in school on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays and Miss Jones teaches in Class 1 every Thursday and Friday.
Class 1 is fortunate to be supported by the following fantastic Teaching Assistants who help to provide a nurturing, responsive environment for our pupils:
Ms Evans and Mrs Richardson.
Charlie, our sports coach, works with the children each Tuesday to help enhance their skills in Physical Education and Physical Development.
Should you require any further details regarding any aspect of your child's education, then please feel free to contact us for a chat with one of our team - we are always happy to help.
It has been lovely to welcome some of our pupils back to school recently and we are very impressed at how quickly they have settled back in to Class 1.
For those wonderful children who have not yet returned, well done for continuing to work so hard at home. We are incredibly proud of you
As promised, we continue to add lots of exciting links and resources to each class's webpage for use at home during these strange times, so please keep checking back to refer to these.
Also, don't forget that you can log on to Abacus or Education City (see the links on our Home Page) in order to access some of the activities that have been set on there.
We miss you, take care and stay safe.
Should you need to contact us, or if we can assist in any way, please do not hesitate to
contact us. He is a reminder of our email addresses:
Forest School Session 9th May 2017
Forest School Session 5th April 2017
Forest School Session 10th January 2017
As usual, we had an action packed, fun-filled Forest School session this week. In Science we are busily learning about the Weather. We decided that we would make equipment to help us record our observations, so whilst outdoors we worked hard to construct rain gauges and weather vanes. In order to test which direction the wind was blowing in, we used balloons, flags and kites and then checked our results using compasses. In addition, we used thermometers to check the air temperature.
Take a look at our photographs to spot the other fun activities that we participated in!